ONE Fertility is Awarded Accreditation with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
ONE Fertility is awarded Accreditation with Exemplary Standing status following a review conducted by Accreditation Canada in January 2023. This reflects the highest level of performance in meeting all the requirements of the accreditation program and demonstrating commitment to exceptional patient care, safety, and quality improvement.
Accreditation Canada is an independent, not-for-profit organization that sets standards for quality and safety in healthcare, and accredit health organizations in Canada and around the world. For more than 55 years, they have set national standards and shared leading practices from around the globe raising the bar for health quality
COVID-19 Safety Measures & Updates
Last updated on October 6, 2022
To ensure safety of our patients and staff, we are continuing to follow Public Health recommendations on masking, screening, distancing, and hand sanitizing practices within the clinic.
When you book an appointment, please let us know if you have recently experienced symptoms of illness and/or tested positive on a COVID-19 test.
You can come to the clinic for your appointment as long as you do not have a fever, and any gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or diarrhea have been improving for 48 hours, and other symptoms have been improving for 24 hours.
Please click here to see the Ontario COVID-19 screening questionnaire posted at the clinic’s entrance.
Quality Improvement Initiatives
ONE Fertility is continually striving to grow and improve. Here are some quality improvement initiatives we have recently implemented or are working on:
- Collecting information about the patient experience from patient feedback, patient observation experiences, focus group and various surveys. Based on the feedback we are trying to improve process, utilize the nursing team to improve access to treatment and reduce wait times as well as fill in any education gaps.
- Created several new patient education documents.
- Changed the wording of some of our intake forms as well as education documents based on patient feedback.
- Creating an inclusive space for all patients.
- Have appointed a culture manager.
- Are doing multiple audits to make sure our staff are providing safe care.
- Have updated our website to include multiple patient education videos.
- Are getting ready for an Accreditation inspection.
- Offering new IVF options based on recent research findings for poor responders.
- Provided education sessions on Ethics to all staff with a bioethicist.
- Created a patient information leaflet for community doctors about fertility.
If you have a quality improvement idea, please share it with us at email@example.com
ONE Fertility is a growing network of fertility treatment centres with an internationally recognized reputation for excellence. Our team of scientists, physicians and researchers are affiliated with McMaster University through teaching and collaborative research.
ONE Fertility is also a state-of-the-art fertility centre, devoted to providing the most specialized and expert fertility care, treatment and counseling available in Canada. We deliver on our promise of “Life Through Knowledge” and have achieved the very best results in the country. Our success supports our premise, that, in this highly specialized and sensitive discipline, expertise, experience and caring make all the difference.
Our range of services includes: Consultation for infertility, reproductive endocrinology or reproductive surgery; Controlled Ovarian Stimulation; Intrauterine Insemination (IUI); Therapeutic Donor Insemination (TDI); In Vitro Fertilization (IVF); Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI); Blastocyst Culture; Assisted Hatching; Cryo-Preservation of Embryos, Sperm and Oocytes; a Third-Party Reproduction Program including Donor Egg, Donor Sperm, Gestational Carrier and Donor Embryo (Donor Embryo for ONE Fertility patients only); and Counselling.
Our patient referral base, which is primarily in the Burlington/Hamilton region, extends beyond Guelph, Kitchener and Cambridge to the north, Windsor to the west, and Niagara, Oakville and Mississauga to the east.
For all of the medicine and science we offer, our main objective is a simple one: to do our very best to create parents in the safest and, most effective and most appropriate way for your family.